- Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search box and press enter.
- If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
- In regedit, navigate to: (See screenshot below)
4. In the right pane, right click on dontdisplaylastusername and click on Modify. (See screenshot above)
5.To Enable Enter User Name and Password Log On Screen
A) Type 1 and click on OK. (See screenshot below)
B) Go to step 7.
6. To Restore Enter Password Only Log On Screen
NOTE:This is the default setting.A) Type 0 (number zero) and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
7. Close regedit.
8. Log off and log on to see the change.
9. You may also wish to set the same setting for the locked computer screen: How to Display User Information or Not when a Windows Session is Locked